libreplanet-discuss

Re: Sharing your free software / quarantine success story

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: Sharing your free software / quarantine success story
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 11:11:16 -0400

[ apologies for the super slow reply; I'm several thousand messages
  backlogged and am slowly catching up wit them all ]

Caleb Herbert writes:

> On 4/22/20 11:40 AM, Amin Bandali wrote:
>> I have been self-hosting a few pieces of software for myself and my
>> family for a few years now, including a small mail server, and a
>> Nextcloud instance for file-sharing, calendar, notes, and video calls.
>> We've been happily able to continue using these free software solutions
>> to stay connected with each other and others in these tough and trying
>> times.
>
> (display "/etc/config.scm")

Unfortunately it was not a GNU Guix System installation.  The base
system was a Debian Buster installation (without the `non-free' and
`contrib' repos), and everything set up on top of it, with fairly
standard setups, following the installation instructions of those pieces
of software.  I'd be happy to discuss more off-list if you'd like to.