libreplanet-discuss

Re: Support RMS

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 13:52:02 +0300

* Danny Spitzberg <stationaery@gmail.com> [2021-04-16 11:18]:
> I wrote to the FSF staffer sitting next to me, another former FSF staffer,
> and another person attending Libre Planet who I became friends with, and
> asked if they remember that incident with RMS yelling angrily and rushing
> the stage to grab the microphone and verbally attack the speaker for what
> seemed like very reasonable points about obstacles for free software. (I
> still can't imagine any reasonable person thinking it would be enjoyable or
> rewarding to give a talk that goes against what RMS thinks or feels!)
>
> One replied just now, "Sadly, yes."
>
> I'll update you as the others reply.

What was behind it? Mentioning "open source" or what?

Don't give us breadcrumbs, be specific please and place here the whole
context of the story. Who spoke what, who is that friends which words
you represent here and what did RMS said in response to what was
spoken.

Please find the video and let us understand the context. Not just
emotional reaction of you, your friend or RMS.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/