Re: [Patch] interlibrary dependency parsing in libltdl from CVS HEAD

From: Albert Chin-A-Young
Subject: Re: [Patch] interlibrary dependency parsing in libltdl from CVS HEAD
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 15:03:13 -0500

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 03:22:38PM +0200, Matthias Koeppe wrote:
> While trying to use the new interlibrary dependency resolution
> (load_deplibs) in the CVS version of libtool, we found out that it is
> never passed the list of library dependencies. The reason is a wrong
> define in ltdl.c which doesn't match the keyword generated by the
> libtool script. A patch is included below.
>
> There was also a bunch of missing quotes around `test' arguments in
> the scripts, which confused /bin/test on Solaris 2.7 boxes.
>
> 2000-10-20  Utz-Uwe Haus  <address@hidden>
>
>       * libltdl/ltdl.c (lt_dlopen): Changed "dl_dependency_libs" keyword
>       to "dependency_libs".

Excellent! This has greatly helped with KDE.

Quick question though. Where dependency_libs is large and references
other .la objects, would it be worthwhile to cache already-dlopen'ed
libraries? If so, what would happen if one of the dlopen'ed libraries
got updated while the program was running? Because we cached the fact
that the library was already loaded, the library would not be reloaded
(though I suppose we could use a stat cache on the modification time
of the file if necessary).

--
albert chin (address@hidden)