libtool and SCO / multilanguage !!!

From: François Chenais
Subject: libtool and SCO / multilanguage !!!
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:58:32 +0200

Hello

First, congratulation for libtool; it's a very good idea and it works
fine.

But :-)

I'm using a SCO OS and configure/libtool says that my ld doesn't make
shared libraries ???

config.guess says i386-pc-sco

uname    -m       -s    -r       -v
       i386   SCO_SV   3.2    5.0.5

uname -X

Système = SCO_SV
Node (noeud) = sntddev
Version = 3.2v5.0.5
Machine = i80386
Type de bus = ISA
Numéro de série = 4FI021851
Utilisateurs = 5-user
OEM# = 0
Origine# = 1
Nombre d'UCT = 1

Oh! Oh!, I think that I have found the problem while writing this mail.

in config.guess:755
   i?86:*:3.2:*)
        if test -f /usr/options/cb.name; then
                UNAME_REL=`sed -n 's/.*Version //p'
</usr/options/cb.name`
                echo ${UNAME_MACHINE}-pc-isc$UNAME_REL
        elif /bin/uname -X 2>/dev/null >/dev/null ; then
                UNAME_REL=`(/bin/uname -X|egrep Release|sed -e 's/.*=
//')`
                                                +++++++
                          My machine is a french one and says 'Version'
not 'Release' !!!

Is there any multilanguage libtool ????:-D

        François