Re: [MLB] Tag inferrence code needs improving

From: Nick Hudson
Subject: Re: [MLB] Tag inferrence code needs improving
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 01:40:12 -0700 (PDT)

> On Oct 25, 2000, Nick Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > the build system would use /usr/bin/cc as the C compiler whereas libtool
> > would pick up cc as the C compiler
>
> What ``build system''?  libtool just uses CC and CXX as determined by
> `configure'.

The build system of a package I was trying to build. This build system would
use /usr/bin/cc and libtool would use cc as determined by configure.

The suggestion is that the configure system of libtool searches the system
for every c, c++, and gcj-like compiler and adds tags for each. OR libtool
configure is told that they some are equivalent and uses and alias concept.

Nick

 Get 100% private, FREE email for life from Excite UK
 Visit http://inbox.excite.co.uk/