Re: [Patch] interlibrary dependency parsing in libltdl from CVS HEAD

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: [Patch] interlibrary dependency parsing in libltdl from CVS HEAD
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 01:29:43 +0000

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 03:22:38PM +0200, Matthias Koeppe wrote:
> While trying to use the new interlibrary dependency resolution
> (load_deplibs) in the CVS version of libtool, we found out that it is
> never passed the list of library dependencies. The reason is a wrong
> define in ltdl.c which doesn't match the keyword generated by the
> libtool script. A patch is included below.
>
> 2000-10-20  Utz-Uwe Haus  <address@hidden>
>
>       * libltdl/ltdl.c (lt_dlopen): Changed "dl_dependency_libs" keyword
>       to "dependency_libs".

Thanks.  I have applied this patch to HEAD and multi-language branches.

> There was also a bunch of missing quotes around `test' arguments in
> the scripts, which confused /bin/test on Solaris 2.7 boxes.
>
>       * ltmain.in: Put double quotes around test arguments; Solaris'
>       /bin/test would lose.

I haven't applied this part.  I have had no trouble with this under
solaris 2.51, and I am not sure exactly what failure mode your are
expecting... I guess you are worried that the shell variable may be
empty?  If so, that would be true for just about any /bin/test I have
come across, but is no reason to worry in the cases you patched, since
those variable are internal to the libtool script and are supposed to
always contain something.

On the other hand, if you have experienced a specific failure I'm
prepared to change my mind.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ___              _   ___   __              _         mailto: address@hidden
home page:  /___/                      /___/                  gpg public key:
http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk           http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk/key.asc