Re: linking dependent libraries that have dependencies...

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: linking dependent libraries that have dependencies...
Date: 13 Jan 2001 05:10:57 -0200

On Jan 12, 2001, Robert Boehne <address@hidden> wrote:

> I read in the documentation that libtool has a mechanism for adding
> any dependencies to a library that depends on another, i.e.
> TKernel
> TKMath links in TKernel explicitly
> TKG2d links in TKMath explicityly, and should link in TKernel implicitly

> Is this the case?

Yep.  The very fact that TKMath is explicitly linked with TKernel will
cause TKernel to be implicitly linked in whenever you link some other
library or program with TKMath (assuming you use libtool to do so).

This is only implemented in the CVS version of libtool, though (both
HEAD and MLB).

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}