Moving libtool project to savannah.gnu.org

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Moving libtool project to savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:01:51 +0000

Hi,

Now that the GNU project is moving towards a sourceforge like solution,
I would really like to have cvs checkout behave sanely.  As you are
probably aware (especially if you follow the m4-forum list ;-),
sourceforge requires each project to have its own CVSROOT for administration
purposes.  So, in order to provide compatibility with currently checked out
subversions trees, that root has been set up so that you have to:

    cvs -z3 -d :ext:subversions.gnu.org:/cvs/libtool co .

Which is kind of sucky.  I can have the tree moved into a subdirectory
so that it works like this (and doesn't check files out into your
current directory):

    cvs -z3 -d ext:subversions.gnu.org:/cvs/libtool co libtool

But it will mean that if you `cvs update' in a tree that was originally
checked out under the old regime, any local changes on your disk will be
lost.  If you need to preserve any local changes, you need to backup your
current tree, and reapply the changes by hand afterwards.  Or you can
use newcvsroot from the GNU cvs utilities (I am reliably informed ;-)

If this doesn't upset anyone, I'll try and get the tree moved after the
weekend.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ___              _   ___   __              _         mailto: address@hidden
home page:  /___/                      /___/                  gpg public key:
http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk           http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk/key.asc