Re: Dynamically loading C++ Modules on Solaris

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: Dynamically loading C++ Modules on Solaris
Date: 31 Jan 2001 07:00:10 -0200

On Jan 22, 2001, Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>> I am trying to get the dramatic loading of C++ libraries to work on Solaris
>> but I am running into problems with the fact that shared C++ libraries are
>> not provided on many systems because Gcc does not enable them by
>> default.  Is there a way to get dynamic C++ libraries to work on Solaris
>> when only a static C++ library is available.  If not does some one know
>> where I can find precompiled shared Gcc 2.95.2 shared C++ libraries on
>> Solaris?  Failing that would it be possibly for some people to arrange to
>> send my the precompiled library as it is rather difficult for me to
>> compile it myself as I have a 25 MB quota.  I currently using Solaris 2.7
>> but I would like to be able to get this working on as many platforms as
>> possible.

> I should also add that I am using the multi-lib branch of libtool.

Try adding -Wc,-mimpure-text to the command line.  If it works, I'd
be willing to accept a patch that:

(i) tests whether GCC supports it and use it to build shared
libraries.  Only in this case should we set deplibs_check_method to
pass_all on Solaris with GCC in libtool.m4

(ii) in ltcf-c.sh, ltcf-cxx.sh and ltcf-gcj.sh, in the GCC section of
Solaris, adds -mimpure-text to archive_cmds if deplibs_check_method is
pass_all.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}