Re: Fix for Arg list too long

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Fix for Arg list too long
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:40:19 +0100

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 05:27:25PM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
: On Jan 31, 2001, "Boehne, Robert" <address@hidden> wrote:
: > SGI was one system that would not allow me to use $reload_cmds because
: > $LD was set to CC.
:
: This is wrong.  LD should be ld, not cc.  That was a kludge we'd used
: in the beginning of ltcf-cxx.sh to reduce the divergence from
: ltcf-c.sh, but it no longer makes sense.  We should go ahead and use
: CC wherever we use LD, and keep LD with a sane value, which is the
: name of the linker, not of the compiler.

In C++ mode on IRIX, you need to link libraries with CC (the C++ compiler)
and not with ld (which only handles C linking correctly).

  Lars J