Re: Dynamically loading C++ Modules on Solaris

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: Dynamically loading C++ Modules on Solaris
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 01:25:09 -0500 (EST)

On 31 Jan 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> Try adding -Wc,-mimpure-text to the command line.  If it works, I'd
> be willing to accept a patch that:
>
> (i) tests whether GCC supports it and use it to build shared
> libraries.  Only in this case should we set deplibs_check_method to
> pass_all on Solaris with GCC in libtool.m4
>
> (ii) in ltcf-c.sh, ltcf-cxx.sh and ltcf-gcj.sh, in the GCC section of
> Solaris, adds -mimpure-text to archive_cmds if deplibs_check_method is
> pass_all.

I am not sure where you got the -Wc switch but it does not exist in gcc as
far as I can tell. I set the environmental variable LDFLAGS to
"-mimpure-text" before configuring and everything works fine now.  Thanks
for the tip.  The best I can do, as I do not know how libtool works at
all, is write a autoconf test which will try to create a shared library
and if it fails try creating one with -mimpure-text and see if that works

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net
http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/