Re: OS-sympathetic installation (fwd)

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: OS-sympathetic installation (fwd)
Date: 14 Feb 2001 09:19:19 -0700

>>>>> "David" == David Lee <address@hidden> writes:

David> But any such project would, I think, have a "libtool"
David> interaction, and I know almost nothing about the insides of
David> libtool.  It would seem to require a variant of "libtool
David> --mode=install" that doesn't actually do the install/cp/chmod
David> commands, but instead could produce information (or a file?)
David> listing sources destinations, permissions, etc. (which could
David> then be used to build the OS-native package definition).

Why not just include libtool in the package and invoke `libtool
--mode=install'?

Tom