Re: $ in source file names

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: $ in source file names
Date: 20 Feb 2001 06:26:20 -0300

On Feb 19, 2001, Robert Boehne <address@hidden> wrote:

>  I attempted to build a test case which uses a file with a $ in
> the name.

> Is this not supported by Automake, or is it a bug?

The former, I think.

> If Automake doesn't support $ in source file names, then
> I would suggest that it isn't an important requirement for Libtool.

I disagree.  libtool can be used independently from automake.  And, in
fact, until libtool supports correctly file names containing `$' and
line-feeds, I won't be convinced we do the right thing regarding
single-evaluation of arguments.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}