Re: $ in source file names

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: $ in source file names
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:24:59 -0600

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2001, Robert Boehne <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >  I attempted to build a test case which uses a file with a $ in
> > the name.
>
> > Is this not supported by Automake, or is it a bug?
>
> The former, I think.
>
> > If Automake doesn't support $ in source file names, then
> > I would suggest that it isn't an important requirement for Libtool.
>
> I disagree.  libtool can be used independently from automake.  And, in
> fact, until libtool supports correctly file names containing `$' and
> line-feeds, I won't be convinced we do the right thing regarding
> single-evaluation of arguments.
>
> --

In that case we should have a test case for it.  The problem being that
the test case won't be an Automake supported one, so it'd have to
be done without it.  I'll look into this, minimally Autoconf would
have to support a $ in a file name.

Robert

--
Robert Boehne             Software Engineer
Ricardo Software   Chicago Technical Center