IRIX MIPSpro Compiler 7.3 problem

From: Mike Caruso
Subject: IRIX MIPSpro Compiler 7.3 problem
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:34:00 -0500

Hi all,

        I have recently upgraded to the MIPSpro compiler 7.3 from 7.2 and have
noticed the same problems I was experiencing a few months ago before I
upgraded to multi-language-support version of libtool where at runtime
there are unresolved symbols due to the fact that the MIPSpro compiler
does not get the chance to do its prelink stage which comes about when
using templates.  With 7.2 the prelink stages happen, but not with 7.3.
Anyone else experiencing this problem?

--
Mike Caruso / SAIC                            Army Night Vision Labs
Software Engineer

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"
-Maximus