Re: Libtool eats redundant link objects

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Re: Libtool eats redundant link objects
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 00:18:13 +0100 (CET)

Alexandre Oliva writes:

> > But this bug is really hindering my ability to do anything at all,
>
> Did you get to try the multi-language branch?  I don't think this bug
> is present in it.

This behaviour exists in both MAIN and the ML branch.  It was introduced
in ltmain.in rev. 1.79.2.2 (ILD branch), and merged in 1.138 (March 1999).

It seems this was fully intentional.  In fact, the code says

          # Make sure that $var contains only unique libraries
          # and add them in reverse order

The ChangeLog only has

* ltmain.in: Merged Thomas' ild-patch.  Untested.

--
Peter Eisentraut      address@hidden       http://yi.org/peter-e/