Re: Simple Problem! Need help with library error

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: Simple Problem! Need help with library error
Date: 20 Mar 2001 03:05:51 -0300

On Mar 17, 2001, Anand Srinivas <address@hidden> wrote:

> I followed the exact instructions for installing libxmi version 1.2.
> However, when I tried to run the 'drawing.c' program, I received the
> error messages:

> a.out: error in loading shared libraries
> libxmi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or Directory.

Looks like the program wasn't linked so as to find the libxmi at
run-time.  This is likely to indicate a problem in libxmi's build
process (assuming drawing.c is part of libxmi; I've never heard of
it), not in libtool.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}