Re: FYI: duplicate removal patch [Was Re: ok, new libtool for cygwinupd

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: FYI: duplicate removal patch [Was Re: ok, new libtool for cygwinupdates]
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 13:04:09 -0500

Hello,

 I have been on vacation for several days, so I wasn't
here to add to this discussion until now.
The piecewise linking code collapses all the *.lo arguments
to a link into a single object file, so there is some limit
to how much it can do. In practice this solves the problem
for the most part, unfortunately the current problem with
this is that dependency libs are repeatedly added,
seemingly in an infinte loop.

IMHO, any duplicate libraries should be removed on
the platforms where it is possible.

Robert