Re: Porting question (HP-UX on IA64)

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: Re: Porting question (HP-UX on IA64)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:40:13 -0500 (CDT)

In regard to: Porting question (HP-UX on IA64), Steve Ellcey said (at...:

>So my question is:  how do I deal with this in libtool?  Specifically I
>am trying to set sys_lib_search_path_spec and sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec
>to different values based on what I am trying to link.  It would be nice
>if I could do what HP's ld does and just look at the first object to see
>what it is (file would tell me if it was 32 or 64 bits), if that isn't
>possible then I could look for an option (say the -milp32 or -mlp64
>options that are used for gcc) to set sys_lib_search_path_spec.  But I
>am not sure how to do either.  Can someone offer advice or an example on
>how this is done?

You could look at the stuff in libtool for IRIX, specifically 6.x.  IRIX
does this in a very similar fashion (/usr/lib, /usr/lib32, /usr/lib64,
etc) for the three ABIs on recent IRIX.

I'm looking at ltconfig for libtool 1.3.5, even that far back there was
good support for doing what you're trying to do.

Search for

        libsuff

in ltconfig from 1.3.5, to find the section I'm talking about.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden