Re: FYI: duplicate removal patch [Was Re: ok, new libtool forcygwinupda

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: FYI: duplicate removal patch [Was Re: ok, new libtool forcygwinupdates]
Date: 05 Apr 2001 23:47:39 -0300

On Apr  5, 2001, Stephan Kulow <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would like to add that all KDE libraries are labeled with
> -no-undefined, so there should be no guessing involved. So if you
> see a -lb you can be sure all references to it are resolved if you
> put the given LIBADDs of liba behind it.  Perhaps this -no-undefined
> should be part of the .la file?

This would be a good idea, if it were not for the fact that
-no-undefined means the library *plus its dependencies* have no
references to external symbols, not the library by itself.  So we
still don't have much freedom to drop or move -lname flags around :-(

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}