Re: problems compiling latest cvs of gcc_3.0 branch..

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: problems compiling latest cvs of gcc_3.0 branch..
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 07:40:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

On 6 Apr 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> > libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
> > libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
> > make[1]: *** [allchblk.lo] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/boehm-gc'
> > make: *** [all-target-boehm-gc] Error 2
>
> Looks like the set of switches passed to xgcc may have changed.  This
> confuses libtool.
>
> Remove i686-pc-linux-gnu/config.cache, wipe out
> i686-pc-linux-gnu/boehm-gc and try again.

This reminds me: It would be good to be able to also name the "default"
tag, and not only the additional tags (CXX and the java thing) explicitely
to remove all ambiguities (then this could be used in the case above for
users convenience).  It's only needed to make libtool stop complaining
at that default tag, everything else is taken care of already.  In the
patch I named that default tag "C".

2001-04-05  Michael Matz  <address@hidden>

        * ltmain.in: recognize "C" as default --tag argument to resolve
        also ambiguities with that language.

Ciao,
Michael.