SCO 5 shared libraries and -lc

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: SCO 5 shared libraries and -lc
Date: 13 Apr 2001 11:22:22 +1000

Without wanting to repeat myself, I posted libtool-patches in January
about SCO 5 and -lc on shared libraries, but the problem still exists
in 1.3d and the current cvs.

Something like below (re-diffed for current libtool.m4) will be much
wanted, since it avoids seg faults if a shared library uses ctype.h
but the mainline program doesn't.  I don't have an actual explanation
for what goes wrong, but the advice from SCO is apparently "don't do
that".