Re: Configuring libtool HEAD branch.

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: Configuring libtool HEAD branch.
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:18:16 +0100

Hello again Dan,

Okay seems might I got the wrong end of the stick -- I didn't realise that
you were referring to building libtool.  If you were talking about your own
project that is making use of libltdl, then one solution is for you to add
AC_LIB_LTDL to your configure.in, and copy ltdl.m4 to acinclude.m4 and then
rebootstrap your project.  If you were referring to building libtool, then
read on...

On Friday 13 April 2001  4:50 pm, address@hidden wrote:
> So I have added the following to configure.in:
> AC_CHECK_FUNCS(memcpy bcopy, break)
>
> Now libltdl compiles much better.
>
> So is this a bug, or am I doing something to cause
> the entry in ltdl.m4 to be ignored?

Seems like you might have a platform dependant bug... After a fresh checkout,
having run only the bootstrap script I have this:

  address@hidden:~/devel/savannah/libtool > fgrep memcpy * libltdl/* 2>/dev/null
  ChangeLog:      * ltdl.m4:  Check for memcpy, or else bcopy.
  ChangeLog:      (rpl_memcpy): A minimal fallback implementation.
  config.cache:ac_cv_func_memcpy=${ac_cv_func_memcpy=yes}
  ltdl.m4:AC_CHECK_FUNCS(memcpy bcopy, break)
  libltdl/acinclude.m4:AC_CHECK_FUNCS(memcpy bcopy, break)
  libltdl/aclocal.m4:AC_CHECK_FUNCS(memcpy bcopy, break)
  libltdl/config.h:/* Define if you have the memcpy function.  */
  libltdl/config.h.in:/* Define if you have the memcpy function.  */
  libltdl/config.log:configure:6399: checking for memcpy
  libltdl/configure:for ac_func in memcpy bcopy
  libltdl/ltdl.c:/* NOTE:  Neither bcopy nor the memcpy implementation below
can
  libltdl/ltdl.c:          do not rely on this behaviour when invoking memcpy
later.  */
  libltdl/ltdl.c:#    define memcpy(dest, src, size)      bcopy (src, dest,
size)
  libltdl/ltdl.c:#    define memcpy rpl_memcpy
  libltdl/ltdl.c:memcpy (dest, src, size)
  libltdl/ltdl.c:   memcpy (mem, ptr, size);

In particular, notice that libltdl/configure contains `for ac_func in memcpy
bcopy', which is the shell code that performs the test.

What do you have?

> Dan

Cheers,
        Gary.