Re: Missing header <dl.h> on Uw7

From: Matthew Schalit
Subject: Re: Missing header <dl.h> on Uw7
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 14:02:05 -0700

"Gary V. Vaughan" wrote:

> On Wednesday 18 April 2001  1:25 am, Matthew Schalit wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
>
> Hi Matt,
>
> Sorry for the slow response.

Np.  I'm sure you're busy.
Your patch worked.

Yes, the dlopen API is available.

The only other thing I noticed was this section in libltdl/configure:
echo "$as_me:7795: checking whether deplibs are loaded by dlopen" >&5
echo $ECHO_N "checking whether deplibs are loaded by dlopen... $ECHO_C" >&6
if test "${libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs+set}" = set; then
  echo $ECHO_N "(cached) $ECHO_C" >&6
else
        # PORTME does your system automatically load deplibs for dlopen()?
        libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs=unknown
        case "$host_os" in
        linux*)
          libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs=yes
          ;;
        netbsd*)
          libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs=yes
          ;;
        solaris*)
          libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs=yes
          ;;
        esac

fi

I noticed that I got an unknown from this.  I don't understand what it's
checking for, so I don't know how to ask about it or fix it.

I went ahead an checked out CVS just now, and patched it with
your <dl.h> patch and mine for the pass_all part, and libtool compiled
and passed all 83 tests.

> Once again, a prompt reply gets your fix into libtool-1.4 tomorrow...

Sweet.
Matthew