Re: Making hardcode.test more robust [patch against HEAD]

From: libtool
Subject: Re: Making hardcode.test more robust [patch against HEAD]
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:26:18 -0500

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 07:54:30AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2001, address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Patch below to override the fgrep test for IRIX 6.x, Solaris 2.x,
> > and Tru64 UNIX 4.x, 5.x.
>
> It should at least retain the original behavior on other platforms.
> And you shouldn't assume host == build, which you seem to do by
> invoking host-specific programs on the build machine.

It does retain the original behaviour on other platforms. The case
statement is only for particular hosts. All other hosts keep the
result from the fgrep test.

BTW, another possible solution is to compile with CFLAGS=-s. Compiling
without CFLAGS=-g solves the problem on Solaris and with CFLAGS=-s
solves the problem on IRIX 6.x.

Good point about host != build. How would I even begin to solve that?

--
albert chin (address@hidden)