aclocal AM_PROG_LIBTOOL not found in library HELP PLEASE.

From: cris
Subject: aclocal AM_PROG_LIBTOOL not found in library HELP PLEASE.
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:49:37 +1000 (EST)

Hello,

I have installed gd-1.8.4 on solaris 2.8 host. Configure ran ok but I got an
error when I ran make. Can someone suggest an answer?

here is the error

aclocal: configure.in: 8: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `aclocal.m4'

I'm guessing it cannot find aclocal.m4, I have aclocal 1.2 installed but found
that the aclocal.m4 file in the src directory says it was created by aclocal
1.4Do I need to upgrade?? Hoping I can tweak something.

Could any answers be directed to me directly, I'm smothered in work at the
moment. Thanks in advance

Chris Welsh