Re: AIX shared libraries in MLB and 1.4

From: libtool
Subject: Re: AIX shared libraries in MLB and 1.4
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:49:31 -0500

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 10:38:31AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> I've been meaning to send in a patch about this:
>
> soname_spec='${libname}${release}.so$major'
>
> is what we finally decided to go with for AIX standard linking.
> It is important to get these synched up, or we will have binary
> compatibility problems.

And do you plan to leave version_type=linux for 1.4? To keep 1.4 and
MLB the same, we need to decide on whether or not version_type=linux
and what soname_spec is. I'm fine with removing version_type=linux and
making soname_spec equivalent to what you have above (though different
from MLB but I'm assuming you know better what to do).

--
albert chin (address@hidden)