Re: libtool-1.4

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: libtool-1.4
Date: 25 Apr 2001 16:33:29 -0300

On Apr 24, 2001, "Gary V.Vaughan" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Since I don't want to hold up the release any longer, I am going to
> break the commit rules and remove all use of the inline keyword (and
> the AC_C_INLINE) from libltdl before I roll up the release -- unless
> someone asks me not to in the next few hours.

I've finally understood the problem, and it seems that removing all
uses of inline is probably excessive.  We just can't declare functions
with static variables as inline.  `static inline' (but not `inline
static') is ok for functions without static variables, as long as
`inline' is defined away for compilers that don't support it (which
AC_C_INLINE should take care of).

Of course, re-enabling inline is not a requirement for the release,
since we can always re-enable it later.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}