Problem with autoconf 2.13

From: Alexander Mai
Subject: Problem with autoconf 2.13
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:21:23 +0200

This is about a problem I reported earlier, but then somehow
lost focus on it.

I use
autoconf 2.13
automake 1.4
libtool 2.1

First question, still unresolved:
does installation order of those tools matter, and if, which is
the correct one?

I try to run this in my project:

libtoolize --copy --force --automake
aclocal
autoconf
autoheader
automake -a -c --foreign

and upon running autoconf I get:
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_TRY_DLOPEN_SELF

Earlier it was supposed to be an autoconf/CVS bug, but I don't
use autoconf from CVS. It was installed at some time, but
I installed 2.13 later on and I've never seen such problems.

system is a  alpha-linux 2.2.16-SMP (suse 6.x distribution).
The problem does not show up on digital unix with the same
setup of tools ...

--
Alexander Mai
address@hidden