Re: crosscompiled .exe (Re: crosscompiling dll linux->mingw32)

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: crosscompiled .exe (Re: crosscompiling dll linux->mingw32)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:17:25 +0200

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2001, Guido Draheim <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Guido Draheim wrote:
> >>
> >> from that I'd say libtool knows that CC has created a pfe.exe but
> >> the automake-rules/vardefs expect a builddir/pfe.exe too. A copy
> >> of builddir' pfe to pfe.exe does indeed work.
>
> Huh?  Even though it's a shell-script?  This would be very good news.
yes! :^)

> >> Who's to blame, libtool or automake?
>
> Libtool.
yes. :^/

I currently do (make && ln -s pfe pfe.exe && make install) and
it does install the real .exe, not just the shell-script. Well,
actually it installs the .exe as $host-pfe.exe, so I have to
rename it finally to pfe.exe. Renaming the pfe-$version.dll to
pfe.dll is not a good idea, since the .exe refers to pfe-$version.dll

-- guido                         Edel sei der Mensch, hilfreich und gut
31:GCS/E/S/P C++$++++ ULHS L++w- N++@  d(+-) s+a- h.r(*@)>+++ y++ 5++X-