Re: Problem with autoconf 2.13

From: Alexander Mai
Subject: Re: Problem with autoconf 2.13
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:22:55 +0200

>This is about a problem I reported earlier, but then somehow
>lost focus on it.
>
>I use
>autoconf 2.13
>automake 1.4
>libtool 2.1
>
>First question, still unresolved:
>does installation order of those tools matter, and if, which is
>the correct one?
>

>I try to run this in my project:
>
>libtoolize --copy --force --automake
>aclocal
>autoconf
>autoheader
>automake -a -c --foreign
>
>and upon running autoconf I get:
>***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_TRY_DLOPEN_SELF
[...]

Further research seems to indicate that it only happens here
on the mentioned system (alpha linux, suse 6.x) and
not on other linux systems.
Also the bug disappeared when using autoconf/CVS.

I'm still looking forward to comments and would
strongly advice to improve documentation on that point.

BTW, can anyone give estimated release dates for
autoconf/automake?

--
Alexander Mai
address@hidden