Re: to libtool or not: Windows & Unix NSAPI program

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: to libtool or not: Windows & Unix NSAPI program
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 09:50:49 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Boehne, Robert" <address@hidden>
To: "'Robert Collins'" <address@hidden>;
<address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 2:30 AM

> Robert:
>
> No, I haven't tried to run Libtool under Cygwin.  If you're
> having problems why don't you report the problems to this
> list.

Gary V has the output of several test runs in response to his "48 hours
to release" request. I got the impression he wanted direct reponses from
his email :] I've offer VERBOSE test results but I suspect he's kinda
swamped right now.

>  Be sure to include what version of Libtool you're
> using, I'm not sure when Cygwin support was added to Libtool
> and Automake, but it likely isn't perfect yet.  You may want
> to try the CVS versions first.  We're more likely to respond
> quickly to problems in the current development sources.

For sure... I understand that 100%. (I'm in the dev teams for a couple
of open source projects).

> Thanks, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for a very clear and neutral letter :]. Unfortunately my time
commitments prevent me trying to solve these things my self - the only
reason I got up and commented was in response to your reply to David -
where it seemed to me you'd missed the actual problem he was having. I
am hoping to libtoolize a project in the near future, but we're waiting
for a couple of things in automake before we progress that. (And yes I
have provided patches!).

> Robert

Rob