Re: I think binary-branch is almost ready for play time

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: I think binary-branch is almost ready for play time
Date: 12 May 2001 17:45:11 -0300

On May 12, 2001, Bruce Korb <address@hidden> wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> > Run this command:
>>
>> >    autogen -L ${prefix}/share/autogen --save=$HOME/.autogenrc
>>
>> > where "${prefix}" is whereever you installed it.
>>
>> Ok, that got me a little bit further.

> Good.  I'll add another search directory for the next rev:

>   $$/../share/autogen

What if I configure --bindir=/foo/bar and --datadir=/fnord/blatz ?

> Ah, now *that* means you need to upgrade.
> I must have added that function after 5.0.9.
> I think you could also emulate with:

>   (define string->c-name! (lambda (x)
>      (set! x (shellf "echo '%s'|sed 's/[^a-zA-Z0-9 \t]/_/g'" x)) ))

> or some such.  Probably easier to upgrade.  :-)

Will do.  But I have to go get some sleep first.

> Truely yummy.  ;-)

:-)

>> > So, step 2 is actually a process.

>> I understand.  I just want to see a first example of where step 2 can
>> take us to be convinced it's the way to go.  I still have trouble
>> understanding how to achieve that with AutoGen.

> Make you a deal.  If you do the CVS hocus-pocus, I'll pound out
> an example with, say, the "execute" code, ok?  :-)  Thanks!

I'd rather have macros used across multiple libtool commands, to have
an idea of how we'd share them.

I'll run the CVS commands right now.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}