Re: Shared library with U suffix not installed

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: Shared library with U suffix not installed
Date: 26 May 2001 00:58:10 -0300

On May 25, 2001, "Lawrence, David (STEI)" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sorry, I meant to mention that RmiInvoke is defined in the static library
> comutil (../comutil/libcomutil.la).  The library is linked with both the
> shared library libdmiapi.so and the daemon oncsp.

In the case of static libraries, the order matters.  ld will only
search a static library once.  Since the need for RmiInvoke is only
introduced afterwards, the linker doesn't bring in the definition from
the dependence library that appeared before.  Reorder the dependences
such that dependent libraries appear before dependencies and all
should be fine.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}