Re: cygwin libtool breakage

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: cygwin libtool breakage
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:04:36 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Collins" <address@hidden>

I added AC_REQUIRE([AC_PROG_CC])dnl to
/usr/share/autoconf/acspecific.m4, and it made no difference at all. I
did several variations-on-a-theme, with no luck.

Adding
AC_EXEEXT immediately _after_ the AC_PROG_CC line in configure.in for
libtool, made it behave.

I've no idea _why_ this is so, perhaps some m4 guru would like to
investigate? I'm happy to spend time on this, if guided, or ship data
elsewhere.

> > AC_EXEEXT has been completely rewritten for autoconf-2.50, though I
> > understand it also has some new issues with cygwin that 2.13 didn't
> have.
>
> I cannot comment :} - Not having 2.50 here. I'll start tracking down
the
> CC issue.

I _did_ have autoconf CVS HEAD at one point, I reverted to 2.13 to be in
line with other users, and I haven't upgraded again yet. I don't recall
this problem from back then.. if that helps at all :]

Rob