dlpreopen bug with cygwin

From: Robert Collins
Subject: dlpreopen bug with cygwin
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 00:35:09 +1000

dlpreopen generates a list of symbols - say

extern char _imp__free;
<skip>
extern char nothing;
extern char printf;
extern char realloc;

from the source library - cyghello-2.dll

"nothing" here should be extern __declspec(dllimport) char nothing;
"_imp__free" shouldn't be present, because the actual symbol is in a
different library. Or if it is present it should also be extern
__declspec(dllimprt)...

I'm not quite sure how to approach this, but my tentative logic is:

if the library we are reading symbols from is a .dll, throw away __imp__
symbols, and make all normal appearing symbols __declspec(dllimport).

Is this likely to introduce any headaches ? Am I heading up the wrong
tree?

(background: demo-make after demo-shared is failing on helldl for this
reason: the symbol nothing cannot be found. helldl is compiled as PIC
which means with -DDLL_EXPORT, so it's looking for the __imp__nothing
symbol in the link library, but thats not there - because of the above.

Rob