?? libtool 1.4 bug

From: Danny Backx
Subject: ?? libtool 1.4 bug
Date: 08 Jun 2001 11:55:54 +0200

I sent the message below to bug-libtool about a week ago, no reply.
Does anyone have solutions, answers, ... ?

        Danny

---------------------- Forwarded by Danny Backx/U27113/KB/KredAlm on
06/08/2001 11:55 AM ---------------------------

address@hidden on 06/02/2001 07:30:00 PM
To:     address@hidden@Internet
cc:     address@hidden@Internet (bcc: Danny
Backx/U27113/KB/KredAlm)

Hi,

The attached file contains excerpts of the LessTif build process.
We think a libtool bug may be the cause of our build problems.

You'll see in the "make install" command that libtool wants to relink
libMrm.la. In the next command I've added a "-n" flag to that libtool
invocation so we can see which gcc command is given.

The gcc command itself fails because it doesn't get the right
library (../Xm-2.1/libXm.la which is not installed yet so this
should become
/usr/src/packages/BUILD/lesstif-0.92.32/lib/Xm-2.1/.libs/libXm.so.2.0.1)
passed to it.

I've attached libXm.la as well.

Please help, this currently prevents us from doing our release process
in a decent way. (I've looked inside the libtool sources but it appears
to take a LOT of learning time before I can start to debug this.)

        Danny
--
Danny Backx (address@hidden address@hidden)
Home page :     http://users.skynet.be/danny.backx