Re: how to run ldd on non-installed .so ?

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Re: how to run ldd on non-installed .so ?
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:47:22 +0200 (CEST)

John Reiser writes:

> How should I run ldd on a built, but non-installed, .so library?
> What I'm looking for is automatic setting of LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> before invoking ldd.  I want the ldd output for its identification
> of .soname and some path to each DT_NEEDED module, and the
> absolute address at which each library is loaded.

If you do that then you lose all portability that libtool gives you, so
you might as well not use it.  You should be able to extract dependency
information from the *.la file.  If you need the absolute path of the
library for run-time dynamic loading, consider using libltdl.

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter