libtool: not configured to build any kind of library

From: Gabriele Bartolini
Subject: libtool: not configured to build any kind of library
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:43:18 +0200

Ciao,

I am trying to port my application, ht://Check, to libtool 1.4, the latest stable release. I have no difficult when building the application whether with shared or static libraries support. But I am having some troubles when I try to disable both of them (my friend who wants to build the debian package uses to configure it this way - --disable-shared --disable-static).

   That's the error I get:

libtool: not configured to build any kind of library
Fatal configuration error.  See the libtool docs for more information.
<<<

Any ideas? I also patched automake as suggested by the INSTALL file of libtool. Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot
-Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini - Computer Programmer
U.O. Rete Civica - Comune di Prato - Prato - Italia - Europa

 The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash,
 it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.