libtool awfully slow on MacOSX?

From: F J Franklin
Subject: libtool awfully slow on MacOSX?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:54:59 +0100 (BST)

libtool is taking 30-40s to execute on my 366MHz iBook running Mac OS X,
compared with approx. 2s on my 166MHz x86 running Linux, and I'm pretty
sure it was even quicker still on my iBook when *that* was running Linux,
so:

Is it just me & mine, or is there some reason libtool is very slow on
Mac OS X?

Regards, Frank

Francis James Franklin
address@hidden

Their consultation consisted chiefly in propounding and supporting, for
the thousandth time, each his favourite theories.
                                                   --- George MacDonald