Re: libtool: not configured to build any kind of library

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: libtool: not configured to build any kind of library
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 22:14:32 +0100

On Wednesday 04 July 2001 11:30 am, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jun 27, 2001, address@hidden wrote:
> > Libtool builds only shared or static libraries. If you tell it to do
> > neither, how is it going to work?
>
> It used to default to static-libraries only, in this case.  I guess it
> was broken during the merge :-(

ltmain.in has carried the code to display this error message ever since CVS
revision 1.1 (search this page for `not configured'):

https://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/libtool/libtool/ltmain.in?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I have no strong feelings regarding which is better, and will accept a patch
to change to the behaviour Alexandre describes.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ())_.  Gary V. Vaughan     gary@(oranda.demon.co.uk|gnu.org)