ltmain.sh help please

From: Patrick Shirkey
Subject: ltmain.sh help please
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:26:13 +0900

I'm trying to install a program that relies on libtool and ltdl.  It's
not going very well.

I'm using these libs:

libltdl-1.4-2.i586.rpm*
libtool-1.4/

The problem I keep running into is ltmain.sh is not found. Even though I
have run libtoolize -f . Here is the output I get after.
------
 libtoolize -f
Remember to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' to `configure.in'.
You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
------

I have added `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' to `configure.in' (I don't know if it is
in the correct place though). Adding the whole libtool.m4 to aclocal.m4
doesn't seem right from my limited experience.

Here's what I do after the above. I have to run sh autogen.sh as it is
in the README for the program I am installing.

------
I ls
CVS/          config.guess@  ltmain.sh@
Makefile      config.sub@    midi/
Makefile.am   configure.in   midi++/
ardour/       gtkmmext/      pbd/
audioengine/  guileconfig/   quasimodo/
audiohw/      languages/     soundfile/
autogen.sh    ltdl/
address@hidden libs]# export PATH=/usr/local/bin/
:/bin/:/usr/bin/:/usr/X11R6/bin/
address@hidden libs]# sh autogen.sh
Building autoconf files for . ...
automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
Building autoconf files for pbd ...
automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
configure.in: 100: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
.
.
.
---------

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also please cc me as I am not subscribed.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Manager Boost Hardware.
Importing Korean Computer Products to New Zealand.