F77 tag, and default tags in 1.4b?

From: Erik Lindahl
Subject: F77 tag, and default tags in 1.4b?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:03:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I think I have a reasonable level of Fortran 77 support working
with the new 1.4b version now. At least it works splendid to compile
fortran objects with and without PIC support, and for the linking
it's usually identical to C. (And autoconf now has support to determine
the fortran libs we need to link with CC anyway...)

Now, I'd be happy to provide you with a diff for libtool.m4, but there
is one thing bugging me - libtool always seems to make the CXX tag,
regardless of whether autoconf uses C++ or not. It doesn't happen
for GCJ or my F77 tag, but even after a lot of code browsing I don't
understand why - any clues?

Sincerely,

Erik Lindahl

Erik Lindahl, PhD                                address@hidden
Dept. Biophysical Chemistry, Groningen University, THE NETHERLANDS
Phone: +31 50 3634335    Fax: +31 50 3634800
(You can also reach me as address@hidden and address@hidden)
Hi! I'm a mutated .sig virus! Put me in ~/.signature to multiply me!