Re: F77 tag, and default tags in 1.4b?

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: F77 tag, and default tags in 1.4b?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:56:13 -0500

Erik Lindahl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think I have a reasonable level of Fortran 77 support working
> with the new 1.4b version now. At least it works splendid to compile
> fortran objects with and without PIC support, and for the linking
> it's usually identical to C. (And autoconf now has support to determine
> the fortran libs we need to link with CC anyway...)
>
> Now, I'd be happy to provide you with a diff for libtool.m4, but there
> is one thing bugging me - libtool always seems to make the CXX tag,
> regardless of whether autoconf uses C++ or not. It doesn't happen
> for GCJ or my F77 tag, but even after a lot of code browsing I don't
> understand why - any clues?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Erik Lindahl

Erik:

I personally can't guess why you wouldn't get a CXX tag without
looking at your mods.  I'll look at it if you post (or send me)
your patch.  I'm about to make some modifications to improve
tag support so it would be better to get your patch in before
that happens.

Robert

--
Robert Boehne             Software Engineer
Ricardo Software   Chicago Technical Center