Re: question about AC_LTDL_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: Re: question about AC_LTDL_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:06:10 -0500 (CDT)

In regard to: Re: question about AC_LTDL_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS,...:

>> The first paragraph of the dlopen() man page on Tru64 UNIX 5.1 (and 4.0f)
>> says that
>>
>> The dlopen function attempts to load the specified file in the address space
>> of the process, resolving symbols as appropriate.  Any libraries that the
>> specified file depends upon are also loaded.
>
>The loader on Tru64 UNIX 5.0A and below will load not load dependent
>libraries for a shared library.

Albert-

I believe that's incorrect, and it's certainly contrary to how things are
documented to act.

> RPATH is honored for executables but
>not for libraries.

That *is* correct.

> You'll need a test program to determine if this has
>been "fixed" under 5.1 but I doubt it.

It has not.  I have it directly from the loader author/maintainer that
honoring RPATH in libraries is coming to a future version of Tru64, but
it's not here yet.  I summarized about this issue on the tru64-unix-managers
mailing list several months back.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden