Re: question about AC_LTDL_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS

From: Rainer Orth
Subject: Re: question about AC_LTDL_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS
Date: 16 Jul 2001 20:55:20 +0200

Tim Mooney <address@hidden> writes:

> > You'll need a test program to determine if this has
> >been "fixed" under 5.1 but I doubt it.
>
> It has not.  I have it directly from the loader author/maintainer that
> honoring RPATH in libraries is coming to a future version of Tru64, but
> it's not here yet.  I summarized about this issue on the tru64-unix-managers
> mailing list several months back.

Fortunately, they have fixed this in Patch kit 2 (Patch 260) for Tru64 UNIX
V5.1.  Although the new /sbin/loader is only for V5.1, a pre-release binary
I had was claimed to work on V5.0 and V5.0A, too, although this is not
supported.

Since the V5.1 loader is said to be a full rewrite, this will never make it
into V4.0.

        Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University

Email: address@hidden