Re: make check failures

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: make check failures
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:05:40 +0100

On Monday 16 July 2001  6:14 pm, Patrick Welche wrote:
> PASS: mdemo-static.test
> PASS: mdemo-make.test
> PASS: mdemo-exec.test
> PASS: mdemo-inst.test
> PASS: mdemo-unst.test
>
> PASS: mdemo-conf.test
> PASS: mdemo-make.test
> FAIL: mdemo-exec.test
> FAIL: mdemo-inst.test
> PASS: mdemo-unst.test
>
> PASS: mdemo-shared.test
> PASS: mdemo-make.test
> FAIL: mdemo-exec.test
> FAIL: mdemo-inst.test
> PASS: mdemo-unst.test
>
> This is on NetBSD-1.5W/i386 with libtool source from 16 Jul 2001 12:42GMT.
> (used "bootstrap" with cvs autoconf and automake of today, gmake 3.79.1,
> BSD sed)

I am using automake from the stable branch, and autoconf-2.50, so I can't
vouch for how well things work with development versions... you might try
that configuration before digging too much.  I have received a lot of patches
for NetBSD, and was under the impression libtool was in pretty good shape in
that respect...

> Cheers,
>
> Patrick
> (how can I find out how they fail?)

You can run individual or batches of tests verbosely:

  $ VERBOSE=1 make check TESTS='mdemo-shared.test mdemo-make.test \
  mdemo-exec.test'

HTH,

Cheers,
        Gary.