Re: Problems with AIX4 Compiler

From: Bill Wendling
Subject: Re: Problems with AIX4 Compiler
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:37:56 -0500

Also sprach Tim Mooney:
} In regard to: Re: Problems with AIX4 Compiler, address@hidden said...:
}
} >I don't think the nolibpath flag is needed, and my even be overridden
} >by the libpath flag that comes after it in the versions of libtool I
} >am familiar with.
}
} I was looking at that too, and wondering why it made it into libtool.
} It must have solved some problem for someone, but it makes me wonder.
} In addition, in that section in libtool-1.4b's libtool.m4, I see:
}
}         _LT_AC_TAGVAR(hardcode_libdir_flag_spec, $1)='${wl}-bnolibpath
${wl}-blibpath:$libdir:/usr/lib:/lib'
}
} [bunch of stuff deleted]
}
}         _LT_AC_TAGVAR(hardcode_libdir_flag_spec,
$1)='${wl}-blibpath:$libdir:/usr/lib:/lib'
}
}
} Does that mean what I think it does -- the first one is getting overridden
} by the second one?
}
If it was there to fix a problem, would it be in the CVS log messages
somewhere? Just a thought :-). Otherwise, it'd be great if these flags
could go away. Right now, we're left with horribly hacked up files which
we have to report to newer versions of libtool.