More libltdl problems

From: John Gruenenfelder
Subject: More libltdl problems
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:58:14 -0700

Hello again.

By following the CVS code, my previous problem of ltdl not being able to load
my modules (despite them being there) has gone away.  However, the next step
in the chain is now failing.

After my program loads a modules, it tries to get the symbol
"module_definition" out of the module.  This is now failing with an "unknown
error" message.  By poking around in ltdl.c, I can see that the symbol name it
is searching for is correctly "opc_fitsio_LTX_module_definition", yet it
cannot find it.

Also of note:  I remember that at the end of the compilation phase, libtool
would extract symbols for every file I had named with '-dlopen' in the
Makefile, giving lines like:
  extracting global C symbols from `../modules/.libs/opc_fitsio.so'

It does not do this anymore.  If I change the Makefile to use -dlpreopen, I
once again see these lines, but the symbols still cannot be loaded.

Am I doing something wrong, or is libltdl?

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, Steward Observatory, U of Arizona
address@hidden