Re: ltdl.c and 1.4.1 (type conflicts)

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: ltdl.c and 1.4.1 (type conflicts)
Date: 08 Sep 2001 19:51:04 +1000

On Sat, 2001-09-08 at 13:31, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 02:45:11PM -0500, Tim Mooney wrote:
> Phew!  Thanks for that info.
>
> I'm open to suggestions for a cleaner way to implement this, but I
> think that it is an unavoidable weakness in C that forces one to (ab)use
> void* in cases such as this.

I haven't checked the code in question, but if what youa re doing is
returning a pointer to a function froma function, then typdef'ing a
function pointer type and returning that should be a clean solution.

ie if the function type being passed around is
int func(char *, int)

typedef int functype(char *, int);

functype *
functionthatreturnspointertofunction()